Monday, April 11, 2011

White Wagtail..... Sorry your lost, but I'm happy!!

I was out at Pointe Mouillee to see the White Wagtail that has been reported. After a 2.5 mile hike in high winds I got to cell #3 near the Lake Erie shoreline. There were already a few birders there and they had recently spotted the bird... of course it was gone by the time I got there... Patience is a virtue... after a few minutes it returned and we all were able to see it in our scopes... Not real friendly and we could only see it from a distance... a few people left except for me and Mark R  and the bird returned... I was able to get a few pictures of it although there was 50 percent cropping in order to show any detail on the bird... very cool bird and it was interesting to watch.... Probably sat there for us for about 45 minutes and took off... Also saw a Piping Plover on the mudflats.....click to enlarge













1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I never saw a photo of this bird with brown on the wing panels... This is great! Real help in determining subspecies and age!!!

    ReplyDelete