Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ace Hardware or Yellow Throated Warbler? Divert!!!! Divert!!!!

Running some errands today when an email pops thru on my Blackberry... Its the Rare Bird Alert... cool, I am sure its some cool species that is miles away and I will get to see everyones updates.... "Yellow Throated Warbler in Washington Twp".... What? Near my house? At a feeder?  GPS says I can be there in 10 minutes.... I cruise with my camera, don't even have my monopod (my preference when using my zoom), and arrive at the Mccullick home in 9.5 minutes flat... I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell and I am sure shocked Mrs. Mccullick (sorry, didn't get first name) that someone showed up already wanting to see the little guy.... It took about 10 minutes and the Warbler appeared.... He looked so small.... pretty tame... I have heard them before in Kentucky, but this is the first one I have ever seen... one of the few missing from my warbler list... Very cool day!!

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment