Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Bird Count

I couldnt make it to the tally of the Macomb Audobon Christmas Bird Count, but I spent the day birding... I went Owling with Barb Baldinger and we managed only one Great Horned Owl... In the am, I birded the 230 acres behind my house... Highlights included a Belted Kingfisher and a Northern Flicker... There were a good amount of Tree Sparrows, Dark-eyed Juncos and Am Goldfinches around... Only hawks were to Am Kestrels. The afternoon was spent driving around with Barb and Nancy in an area encompassing Macomb Twp... Birding was slow... We came upon one good pocket of Juncos, Tree Sparrows, Cowbirds, House Finches... in an Industrial complex... go figure.. 10 Red-tailed Hawks...  All in all a fun day, just not a ton of birds...

No comments:

Post a Comment