Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tundra Swans - Stoney Creek Metropark

Took a drive around the lake today and found a dozen Tundra Swans at Eastwood Beach in the little bay there... They were fairly close to shore... I got a couple of photos... In addition there was a large flock of Canada Geese on the lawn in various sizes (for those who want to pick out a Cackling Goose)... Ring-billed Gulls and a few Herring Gulls near the beach.... 6 Common Goldeneye were out in the middle of the lake.. The Imm Bald Eagle that I photographed earlier in November was sitting on a nice perch near the south bridge.... I had one Belted Kingfisher at Winter Cove... click to enlarge

Correction: another birder pointed out to me in an email that the swans flying with the Mutes were actually Trumpeter Swans... I didn't pay close enough to the bills... I have included a side x side shot of two of the different species to point out what was pointed out to me... Thanks Cody!!
Tundra and Trumpeter swan






Imm Tundra with Adult

No comments:

Post a Comment