Saturday, July 21, 2012

Wetzel State Park.... Birds, Butterflies and Dragonflies.....

Took a long walk out at Wetzel today... There is some good Shorebird habitat... just no shorebirds... hopefully soon... I didn't see much exciting in the world of birds... Just the usual GB Herons, Great Egrets, Pied-billed Grebes and a couple of Blue-winged Teal.... There were Field Sparrows, Willow Flycatchers, Common Yellowthroats and Marsh Wrens here and there.... I saw one Sharp-shinned Hawk flyover and a couple of Red-tailed Hawks soared by....  Butterflies were plentiful.... I didn't have my Macro Lens with me (my preferred lens for shooting insects) but I managed to grab a few pics with the zoom.... Dragonflies were also darting about... most of them were not sitting still enough for photos... but I managed a couple...  click to enlarge...
Giant Swallowtail

Halloween Pennant


way above my head.... I like that it was
Silhouetted against the sky

Eastern Tailed Blue

Common Yellowthroat

Blue Dasher

No comments:

Post a Comment