Saturday, June 2, 2012

shoot, no sleeping in for me today.... :)

When I received a call from Kevin this morning letting me know that he had just received a call from Tom Heatley that there were Sanderlings (209) and an assortment of Sandpipers on the beach at Lake St. Clair Metropark, I got up...... I had planned to sleep in but something about chasing a bunch of Sandpipers around on a beach sounded more fun to me.... So I made my way there and birded the morning with Kevin, Tom, Alan Ryff and Mike Mencotti.... we were later joined by Brian Mcgee and his daughter.... There was a good number of Sanderlings, Semipalmated Sandpipers and Plover and one White-rumped Sandpiper.... It was a breezy morning that made photographing a challenge, but I gave it a shot...... click on photos to enlarge
Sanderling

Sanderling

Sanderling and Semipalmated Sandpiper


mix of shorebirds

Semipalmated Plover

White-rumped Sandpiper

No comments:

Post a Comment