Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Early Morning before work....

Took a quick run to Stoney Creek Metropark at day break for a trip around the lake... Most of it is frozen but the open area near the North Dam had a few Mute Swans, 20 Mallards and 4 Ring-necked Duck (64)... They were weary of me and never got too close for a good photo... While I was standing there a Bald Eagle flew over... its very cool that there presence on the lake is "no big deal" anymore (the eagles)... I see them on a regular basis during the winter.... At the nature center I took a quick look at the feeders... still don't have Pine Sisken for the year.... as I was leaving a Pileated Woodpecker (65) called loudly from the Habitat trail... I could hear him hammering away on a tree.... I didn't have time to photograph him.... work was calling so I took off.... Another day, another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment