Monday, January 30, 2012

Red-breasted Nuthatch.... on the lookout...

I saw Brian McGee and his daughter at Stoney Creek Nature Ctr on Saturday... I was looking for a Pine Siskin... We parted ways and later on I got an email from Brian telling me that his daughter and he found Red-breasted Nuthatches on the Nature Ctr Rd by the bridge near before the Osprey trail parking lot... so today I took a quick run by there because I did not have a Red-breasted Nuthatch on my County list for the year yet.. As I drove near the pines beyond the bridge I had my windows down... I did not hear one calling, but I spied a little guy sitting on the very top of a tall pine... I grabbed my binoculars thinking that it was probably a Goldfinch or some other small bird, and then I realized it was the Red-breasted Nuthatch (68) I was looking for... got a quick shot with the camera before the RBNU took off... photo is fuzzy but it made me laugh to think what this Nuthatch was looking at...

No comments:

Post a Comment