Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Good start to Feb - county list still growing

     Metrobeach at dawn... before work.. figured I would run to the beach and Huron Point... no Pipit on the beach... just a lone Horned Lark... Waterfowl seen were Lesser Scaup, Common Goldeneye, Bufflehead, Mallard, Ring-necked Duck and Common Merganser. I bumped in to Kevin Rysiewski while I was there and we managed to spot two Glaucous Gulls (69) circling overhead near the Park headquarters.. Very cool Gulls... I usually see them sitting on the ice somewhere and I forgot how white they are when they take flight... watched them for a couple of minutes... Kevin relocated one of them by the DNR  station later in the day sitting on the ice... Northern Harrier (70) seen flying over the south marsh, way up high... He looked like a spec in my Zoom... oh well... Great Horned Owl (71) seen near copper tub... should be nesting soon...  Heard one sparrow singing in the cattails... sounded sorta of like a fox sparrow, but a different variation and I could not get it to show itself... oh well, another day.... off to work I go...
    Stoney Creek Osprey trail after work... looked for Cedar Waxwings that have been seen there with no luck... I did managed to find a Belted Kingfisher (72) near the Osprey tower...
"I am tired of eating berries"

Belted Kingfisher

Sun shining into my eyes... anyone see anything in this picture?

Northern Harrier - two miles up

Lesser Scaup

No comments:

Post a Comment