Sunday, February 12, 2012

Too sick to bird.... at least its freezing outside

I am home sick this weekend... feel like a truck ran over me... so no birding... on the bright side, birding in 20 degree weather is not my favorite thing to do....  February is almost half way over and I still need a Rough-Legged Hawk, Golden-crowned Kinglets and those White-winged Crossbills that have been seen at Stoney Creek by multiple people except for me...  I am 90 percent positive that I saw a Light Morph RLHA sitting on a sign at 26 mile rd and I-94 on Thursday when I was on my way to Port Huron for work... Unfortunately I was going 80MPH with cars behind me and in front, and not really able to slam on the breaks to get a better look... On the way back from Port Huron, I did not see any Hawks in that same area.... I will be targeting that same area until I can confirm it... I would love to Photograph it.... Here is a photo of one I took last year, same week, in the same area...
Rough-Legged Hawk Feb 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment