Friday, May 6, 2011

Migration is starting to kick in......

I noticed an influx of new birds today... I had Blue-winged Warbler, Orange-crowned Warbler, Black Throated Green Warbler, Great Crested Flycatcher, Scarlet Tanager and Bobolink.... it rained all morning and I was working in Port Huron... by afternoon the sun began to peak and I was able to get into the woods at the end of the work day. I chose Wolcott Mills today.... I love this park... very cool habitat... very good place for Pileated Woodpeckers in Macomb County... I heard one today although I was unable to get any glass on it... the Bobolink calls from the field across from the entrance to the park. Eastern Meadowlarks can also be seen and heard from this location. I watched and photographed an awesome Scarlet Tanager on the trail near the Mill.... it was very curious and came down to peak at me as I whistled at it.... all in all a good day for a quick trip in the woods. I also managed to photograph a pair of Spring Azure butterflies hooked together.... they were everywhere on the trails.... headed to metro in the morning.... click to enlarge
Blue-winged Warbler

Scarlet Tanager


Spring Azure
Blue Gray Gnatcatcher

Oh Sam Pebody

Almost got caught in this storm... photo from my yard

No comments:

Post a Comment