Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hmmm, whats that sitting on top of my Bluebird House?

Woke up this morning and while I am getting the kids breakfast I notice something red sitting on top of my bluebird house.... Hmmmm..... House Finch?  Robin? Barn Swallow?.... I left my Binoculars in the car so I used my sons little cheap pair and looked out and noticed that it is a carcass of some bird. It was probably left there by our resident Coopers Hawk... I made my way out to the box and it turned out to be a Spotted Sandpiper. Head and wings remained and the body was gone... There were no feathers under the box so I am thinking he moved from his original marsh side table and dropped down on the box and then left..... Gross, but a very interesting way to start my day...

New spring arrivals in the yard are Solitary Sandpipers and Willow Flycatcher....

No comments:

Post a Comment