Thursday, March 22, 2012

County List Correction..

I had a chance today to watch a small flock of Rusty Blackbirds for about 30 minutes... They were at Wetzel State Park.... I heard at least 2 or 3 different vocalizations within this flock.... In early March I had reported that I had seen a Brewers Blackbird at this location in a different area... I made the call on the fact that I heard the bird make its call as it passed by me... I didn't get a chance to photograph it and I could not relocate it... Therefore, I really cant comment on the color of the glossy area in its head... whether purple or green... Now I am not sure if it was a Rusty or a Brewers, even though I heard its call... It could very well have been a Rusty with a song that was similar to the Brewers.. Therefore I decided to remove it off of my 2012 County list...  I will look for one again in the same location, but I just need more proof before I make the call....

No comments:

Post a Comment