Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stoney Creek - Inwood trails

I saw my first Eastern Meadowlark(105) today... it was along Inwood Rd near the nature center at Stoney Creek Metropark....  I got a call from Kevin and he was scoping some Sandpipers near Mt. Vernon picnic area in the park... they were quite a long distance from where we were, but we were able to identify them as 3 Greater Yellowlegs... Unfortunately for me they were on the Oakland County side of the line... oh, well.... so much for that addition to my county list...  At the Oakgrove picnic area we walked down to the water and found a Common Loon(106) in the little bay there.... it was a good distance out and with the glare from the sun, it was hard to get a good pic.... I tried.... I still can't believe its March....
Common Loon

Eastern Meadowlark

Eastern Meadowlark landing...

No comments:

Post a Comment