Saturday, March 10, 2012

Lazy Saturday Morning...

I am tired today after traveling yesterday... Still I wanted to take a quick run to Stoney Creek Metropark to see if there was anything interesting on the lake...  I did find a pair of Wigeons (89)... there were Common Mergansers, Common Goldeneye and  a flock of Redheads near the Osprey Trail... I heard from Kevin R that there were also 4 N. Shovelers in that same location... Spotted a Great Blue Heron at 30 mile rd and Romeo Plank....

At home, a large flock of Robins arrived today... They are everywhere.... the first Northern Harrier of the year for my yard.... Normally I have a pair that fly over the fields behind the house all winter.... I have not seen any in 2012 until today when a female showed up.... She was a long way out, but I managed a few heavily cropped photos....


No comments:

Post a Comment