Monday, March 12, 2012

Rainy, cloudy.... very birdy...

Took a trip to Stoney Creek Metro this afternoon when I got off of work... Started at Inwood Parking lot... I am not there 2 minutes and I hear the sii sii sii of a Golden-crowned Kinglet...(92) There were lots of birds out today... In the little pond in the area I found a Northern Shovelor(93), a couple of Gadwall and a pair of Sandhill Cranes... at marker M I found a Fox Sparrow(94) who was up in a tree, believe it or not... I managed a couple of photos... I hate shooting pics on cloudy days... colors just dont pop out.... Headed into the park where an Eastern Towhee (95) flew across the road in front of my car... very cool, first of the year... At Eastwood beach, I scoped the water and found at least a half dozen Horned Grebes(96), one Pied-billed Grebe(97) and one goofy looking Grebe that had been reported as an Eared Grebe... I am not convinced on the ID and sent the photos off to one of the local experts for his opinion... I have not heard back, so as of now, its just a Horned Grebe molting into his spring plumage....
Fox Sparrow


Golden-crowned Kinglet silhouetted- crown visible
Fox Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment