Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pulling into my Sub... American Kestrel...

I have seen more Kestrels this winter than any other previous year... they are so plentiful in my area in Macomb County this year... This little dude was sitting on a wire eating on a mouse near the entrance of my subdivision...
I also had to go to Port Huron today for work.... I was driving down 27 mile rd when I came upon a huge flock of Gulls in a field... I did not have time to scope them, so I pulled over for a second to look at then thru my binoculars.... I all of a sudden heard the familiar call notes of an American Pipit (85) over the top of my car.... I flew back and forth in the farm field landing occasional and running along the puddles.... No time for pictures but I am glad I found it....

No comments:

Post a Comment