Saturday, April 28, 2012

Back from Austin Texas

I got back last night from a week in Austin Texas... It was work related and I only had the one day to bird and I didn't start until noon.... Not the best options... But I headed out any ways around Lady Bird lake on a 4 mile loop... I didn't bring my camera this time because I knew I would only have the one day to shoot, so it figures, I got up close and personal with Carolina Wren, Bewicks Wren, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Yellow breasted Chat, Clay-colored Sparrow and Green Herons (they were everywhere)... I also saw plenty of Western Kingbirds, Mockingbirds, Great-Tailed Grackle, Chimney Swifts..... I tried to pick a Cave Swallow out of the million Cliff Swallows circling just about every bridge over the lake, but no luck.... Nashville Warbler, Canada Warbler, White-eyed Vireo, Carolina Chickadee, Black-crested Titmouse, were some of the other notables..... Best bird was a couple of Upland Sandpipers at the airport.... My plane landed and as we were taxing to the terminal the plane stopped for a minute... I looked out to the right on the grass bordering the runway and there were a couple of Upland Sandpipers staring at the Jet.... it was pretty comical....

No comments:

Post a Comment