Thursday, April 5, 2012

Osprey's return....

Osprey's returned to Stoney Creek Metropark this week... I have been so swamped at work recently, that by the time I get home and eat, its practically dark out... so birding has been non existent... I heard from Kevin Rysiewski that the Ospreys had returned to the park, so I headed out after work today to look for them... The Osprey (116) pair were shoring up thier nest and they were fun to watch.... Pretty impressive on top of the Cell Phone tower....

I also checked out the entrance to the Inwood trails today. There were reports of a Brown Thrasher calling in that area.... It was quiet for me... However, the area was full of smoke as the Habitat Trail behind the nature center was having a controlled burn taking place.... I am not sure of the details, but there is a grant in the Metroparks to burn certain areas to control invasive plant species... It was actually kind of cool looking with the smoke hovering over the fields....

Controlled Burn at Stoney Creek Metropark

Osprey landing on nest




No comments:

Post a Comment