Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Pine Warbler - Stoney Creek Metropark

I knew my window for seeing a Pine Warbler (133) this spring was slowly coming to a close... For some reason I don't get them often in Macomb County... Then again, I don't look hard for them in early spring either... When I heard from Kevin Rysiewski earlier in the day that they were at Stoney Creek Metropark, I knew at some point I would have to get over there to see if I could find them.... They were still there when I got a chance to go... at Lakeview Picnic area near the North Dam.... earlier in the day Kevin also had Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher in the same location.... Kevin showed me where he had seen them and sure enough they were there in the pines at the end of the parking lot.... Also stopped at Waldenburg Park in Macomb Twp after my appt this evening and to my surpise an Ovenbird (134) was calling... I think this is the earliest I have ever had them.... what a wierd spring...
Pine Warbler

White-throated Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment