Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Semipalmated Plover and Solitary Sandpipers

My daily tour during migration to my hot spots.... Macomb Corners Park had 3 Solitary Sandpipers (135), Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs.... Stoney Creek Metropark Eastwood Beach was good for one Semipalmated Plover (136) near the Lifeguard tower and Cliff Swallows (137) are back and nesting on the Concessions building (thanks Kevin R)... Cliff Swallows were also at the North Dam.... At Wolcott Mills Metropark on the corner of 30 mi rd and Kuntsman, a House Wren (138) was calling....  Nothing new at Holland Ponds but I did manage to get some Butterfly Pics and a Northern Water Snake.... at least I believe thats what it is... I am no Herpetologist.....  click to enlarge
Solitary Sandpiper

Solitary Sandpiper

Semipalmated Plover

Cliff Swallow

House Wren

Northern Water Snake


Spring Azure

Horace's Duskywing

No comments:

Post a Comment