Monday, April 16, 2012

So Windy, suprised I got any photos... Broad-Winged Hawk and Dunlin

Took a spin by Wolcott Mills today and had a couple of Hawks flying low across the tree tops... At first I thought they were Red-shouldered, but looking at the banding in the tail, I realized that they were Broad-winged Hawks (129).... Took some shots, almost getting blown over and then as I was leaving the park, a Gray Catbird(130) began singing from the thick brush near the booth at the entrance... I couldn't pissh him to the top of the bush for a pic, but with the wind he was sitting in the middle of the bush... He was the only bird singing..... Glad to see them back...

On the way out of Wolcott I spied an American Kestrel on the wire and took its photo right from my drivers side window.... I love using my jeep as a moving blind...

One more stop before heading home.... Macomb Corners Park.... Yes!!  Dunlin (131) in the pond with Lesser Yellowlegs and one Greater yellowlegs..... Tired of the wind.... birding done for the evening...

The recent influx of Red Admiral Butterflies has been impressive... they are all over my yard and the field behind my house.... click on photos to enlarge...

Broad-winged Hawk

Broad-winged Hawk

Broad-Winged Hawk

American Kestrel

Dunlin (two up front)

American Lady

Red Admiral

Red Admiral

No comments:

Post a Comment