Sunday, April 15, 2012

Post rain birding.... nothing new...

I woke up at 0630 to the sound of rain.... I looked at the radar and decided that I was going back to bed.... The rain stopped around 1030 and I headed out... First stop was Macomb Corners Park near my home...  I have had a few issues identifying some of the Yellowlegs this year with long bills.... Not today... the 7 Greater Yellowlegs in the Mudflats in the park were calling loudly....  I left there and headed toward Metrobeach (Lk St. Clair Metropark) to see if I could find the Pine Warber reported the day before... On the way there, I stopped at the little ponds on Town Centre dr and found 3 Spotted Sandpipers.... Metro was quiet except for 2 Brown Thrashers... No Pine Warbler... 1 Yellow-rumped and a few Hermit Thrush... It began to rain and as I moved down the middle trail behind the Nature Center, I noticed one of the young Great Horned Owls staring me down... LOL.... so I stopped and grabbed a quick pic..... I checked out the mudflats behind Walmart on Hall Rd and they were under water with all the rain.... No shorebird here for a few days.... First day in a while I have not had FOY bird......
Great Horned Owl

Greater Yellowlegs

No comments:

Post a Comment