Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Barred Owl finally

I have known for awhile of a location of a Barred Owl at Stoney Creek Metropark.... On the Oakland County side of the park.... I am working on a Macomb County list this year, so this Owl isn't in the right area for me... On a tip I headed to stoney today after work and got a Barred Owl(186) to start calling to me.... on the Macomb County side of the park... Supposedly they are nesting in the area that he was calling, but I could not find the tree with the cavity in it.... Something about an owl that will call in the daytime hours is very cool... I also found an Imm Bald Eagle off of Inwood Rd near the gated entrance to the Nature Ctr....

A report came in of a Short-billed Dowitcher at Lk St. Clair Metropark.... I headed over there after Stoney and was unable to locate the bird... Only a few Dunlin and a couple of Pipits....
Imm Bald Eagle (shot out my car window)

Dunlin

No comments:

Post a Comment