Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wilson's Phalarope and White-rumped Sandpiper

Lake St. Clair Metropark was the place to be today for shorebirds.... Ok, it aint Pointe Mouillee, but in Macomb County we take what we can get.... I got a call from Tom Heatley in the morning telling me about the Wilson's Phalarope (206) on the beach.... I headed out there before work and was able to see it, but unable to get a photo as it took off with a few Dunlin as I approached... I was not able to relocate it, but Wayne Hoch was kind enough to send me a couple of photos of it for the blog.... In addition to the Phalarope there were Semipalmated Sandpipers, Semipalmated Plover, Dunlin and later in the day a White-rumped Sandpiper (207) working the beach.... I was able to stop by after work and see the White-rumped Sandpiper.... a friendly little guy....  click to enlarge...
Wilson's Phalarope

White-rumped Sandpiper

White-rumped Sandpiper

White-rumped Sandpiper

White-rumped Sandpiper

Bonaparte Gull

Dunlin and Semipalmated Sandpiper

No comments:

Post a Comment