Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Full Steam Ahead......

I do not like end of the day birding.... Work first, birding second.... It sounds like I missed some pretty good activity at Metrobeach in the morning... I headed there later in the day and the woods were active, but numbers were not great.... I still managed to see Yellow, Palm, Black Throated Green, Chestnut-sided (154), Blackburnian (155), Nashville,  Orange-crowned and  Yellow-rumped Warblers... Also Ovenbird and Northern Waterthrush.... Baltimore Orioles(156) had arrived in good numbers... A Hermit Thrush was singing in the Maple Woods.... Awesome Song...  I did get to watch a Black-throated Green Warbler bath in the water below a thicket and then sit on a branch and preen himself... that was way cool....  the Winter Wren is still present along the service Rd...

At Waldenburg Park in Macomb Twp I managed to see my first White-crowned Sparrow(161) of the year... Also a Blue-headed Vireo(158).  Black and White, Yellow, Orange-crowned(159), Nashville(157) and  Yellow-rumped Warblers were found... Also a Rose-Breasted Grosbeak(160) along the river overhead.... The same Phoebe near the bridge was calling loudly and posed for me....

Looking forward to the weekend when I have time to bird.... Click to enlarge
White-Crowned Sparrow

White-Throated Sparrow

Orange-crowned Warber

Orange-crowned Warbler



Eastern Comma

Chestnut-sided Warbler

Black and White Warbler

Black-throated Green Warbler

Black-Throated Green Warbler post bath

Almost Dry..

No comments:

Post a Comment