Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cape May Warbler - Wetzel

Got a call from Wayne Hoch about a possible Yellow-throated Warbler at Wetzel State Park... It was early and before work so I headed that way to see if I could relocate the bird he had seen... No luck, but we did find a Cape May Warbler working the tree line near the parking lot... early morning and cloudy does not make for great pics with my big zoom, but I took a couple none the less.... Also saw a couple of Green Heron, Blue-winged Warbler, American Redstart and Magnolia Warblers..

After work I headed to Metrobeach.... It was surprisingly active for late in the day... Lincoln Sparrows, Common Gallinule(185), Black-throated Blue and Northern Parula were my highlights.... The Common Gallinule was working the edge of the South Marsh... I almost was able to get a photograph.... if only he would come one more foot.... but he never popped out of the Cattails.... Rats!!!!!
Cape May Warbler

Cape May Warbler

Cedar Waxwing

Green Heron

Mute Swan Cygnets

No comments:

Post a Comment