Monday, May 28, 2012

Grasshopper Sparrow and Yellow-billed Cuckoo... not a bad holiday

Got a call from Kevin this morning... I was still sleeping... Will Mchale (if your name is spelled wrong, I apologize) called him and told him that he found Grasshopper Sparrows (204) calling near Wolcott Metropark in the fields near the airstrip.... I headed that way and along with Will, Kevin, Barb Baldinger and Tom Heatley, we were all able to hear and see them.... very cool...

I got home and was barely there for 10 minutes when Kevin called and Tom and Barb had found a Yellow-Billed Cuckoo (205) at 28 and Teller.... It took awhile for Kevin and I to find it, but we  did and snapped a couple of photos..... Very cool bird....
Grasshoppper Sparrow

Grasshopper sparrow

Yellow-billed Cuckoo

No comments:

Post a Comment