Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Port Huron SGA

I had a morning appt in Port Huron today... So I headed out the door early to visit Port Huron SGA... This place is the best birding in the area the beginning of June... I figured that since migration seems to have flown right by, it might be hopping today... It did not disappoint.... I was there for only a short time but I saw 5 Hooded Warblers, American Redstarts, Pine Warblers, Blue-winged Warbler, Canada Warbler, Wood Thrush, Ovenbird, Scarlet Tanager and Rose-breasted Grosbeak.... Highlight of the day for me was an Alder Flycatcher... They must nest at this spot because this is the third year in a row that I have found one singing in the same area.... He was calling constantly the whole time I was there.... click to enlarge..
Alder Flycatcher

Alder Flycatcher

Alder Flycatcher

Cedar Waxwing

Hooded Warbler

Hooded Warbler

Hooded Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment