Saturday, May 5, 2012

Yellow-headed Blackbird - Lk St. Clair Metropark

I woke up at 2 am this morning and was not feeling well, and never went back to sleep... I decided to skip birding this morning.... That is until I recieved a call from Brian McGee.... He and his daughter Marie had found a female Yellow-headed Blackbird (175) near the playscape at Lk St. Clair Metropark.... This species is not found very often in Macomb County.... Its been awhile since I have seen one... So regardless of no shower, I threw a hat on and headed that way.... The bird was very tame... walking on the grass along the fenced in area behind park headquarters.... Kevin R was nice enough to wait for me so he could point the bird out and soon we were joined by Brian and his daughter...  on the way back to my car I managed to grab a snapshot of a couple of Eastern Kingbirds..... Still tired and not feeling well I headed home, but at least I got to see a great bird.... click to enlarge
Yellow-headed Blackbird

Yellow-headed Blackbird

Eastern Kingbird

Eastern Kingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment