Friday, May 4, 2012

Waldenburg Park Macomb Twp - Orchard Oriole

I hit a park near my home today at day break... the wave of migrants was incredible.... FOY for me included Great Crested Flycatcher (167), Magnolia Warbler (168), Tenessee Warbler (169), Yellow-throated Vireo (170), Orchard Oriole(171), Eastern Wood Pewee(172), Indigo Bunting(173) and Black Throated Blue(174).  I also had Northern Parula, Black Thr Green, Yellow Rumped, Northern Waterthrush, Ovenbird and Nashville Warbers... A Rose-Breasted Grosbeak greeted me on the first trail.... The chorus of frogs was incredibly loud on the first bridge.... While in the woods looking at the Yellow-throated Vireo, a Coopers Hawk came darting in chasing after a bird.... later a Sharp-shinned Hawk soared over the top of the canopy..... All in all a great morning..... My favorite bird was the Orchard Oriole... I came across it accidently while scanning the trees for a Great Crested Flycather who was calling.... I chased him around for a while until I got close enough to get a picture.... cool bird...

Yellow-throated Vireo

Yellow-throated Vireo

Orchard Oriole

Indigo Bunting

Wood Frog

No comments:

Post a Comment